The secret to this recipe is to simmer the corn cobs in the evaporated milk. This infuses the whole dish with a great, fresh corn flavor. You’ll love it!
½ onion, peeled and minced
½ red pepper, minced
4-6 ears of corn (2+ cups?), cooked and kernels removed
4 corn cobs, with the cooked kernals removed
¼ cup evaporated skim milk
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan or skillet, over a medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, and the onion and red pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the milk, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the corn cobs, with the kernals already romoved, to the milk mixture. Add as many as will fit in the pan. They may not all fit. Cover, and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cobs and discard.
- Add the corn kernals, and simmer until the corn is warmed through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
Makes 4 servings