My recipe for these beauties appeared in Disney’s Family Fun magazine in March 2012. They’re easy to make, and kids of all ages love ’em!
1/2 cup raisins, soaked in enough water to cover them
1/2 cup sifted flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
3 cups quick cooking oats (old fashioned oats is fine too)
Preheat oven to 350. Spray or grease two cookie sheet pans.
- Soak the raisins for at least 15 minutes. If you forget about them for a few hours, they’ll still work well in this recipe
- Sift together the flour sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until they are evenly mixed together.
- Strain the raisins, and set aside 3 tablespoons of the water
- Combine the beaten egg, vanilla and melted butter, and mix into to dry mixture.
- Add oatmeal and raisins combine . This will be a VERY dense dough. Add the 3 tablespoons of reserved raisin soaking water to the dough and mix thoroughly
- Using either a rounded tablespoon, or a #40 cookie scoop, place the dough on the prepared cookie sheets
- Bake for 12-16 mins, or until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom
Yield: approximately 24 cookies