Hello, this is about gluten free stuff.
Chicken soup is good for you.
This is a hearty coup that makes a ton, freezes well, and will help you through any season and even a cold!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 8-10 chicken thighs OR 2-3 chicken breasts, bone-in and skinless
- 4 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 4 celery stalks (diced)
- 3 onions (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- black pepper
1. In a large soup pot, add the chicken and cold water and cold (or room temp) stock. Bring to a boil, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 25-35 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, removed from pan, and cool to room temperature. While it’s cooking, with a spoon, skim the brown-ish foam from the surface of the liquid.
2. While the chicken is cooking, peel and cut the vegetables (except the peas). Add them to the pot when the chicken is removed. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, cut or shred the chicken.
4. When the vegetables are cooked, put the chicken back in the pan, with the peas, and bring back to a simmer. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
If you can, cool the soup overnight in the fridge, and skim any fat off the top the next day.