Dates Stuffed with Bleu and Goat Cheeses and Bacon Print Pin Rate
- 3 oz gorgonzola or other bleu cheese
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 3 strips thick bacon
- 12 dates (Medjool variety works well)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Remove the bleu and goat cheeses from the refrigerator, and set aside for 30 minutes, to warm them to room temp
- Cook the bacon, and set aside. Once it’s cooled, chop it into small pieces
- Combine the cheeses, and mix in the cooled bacon
- Make a slit in the top of the dates, and remove the pits. KEEP BOTTOM OF THE DATE INTACT. Put approximately one teaspoon of the cheese and bacon mixture into the date. Place on sheet pan, and bake for approximately 5 minutes, or until cheeses are heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 12 pieces