Homemade Pie Crust in a Food Processor
1 ½ cups sifted flour
½ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 4-6 pieces
Approx 4 tablespoons chilled (iced) water
- Place the flour and salt in the food processor bowl. Pulse-chop briefly.
- Add the butter, and pulse-chop the mixture until the butter looks like small pea sized lumps (or smaller) in the flour.
- Add the water, ½ tablespoon at a time, and pulse-chop until the mixture has a barely sticky, dough-like texture.
- Place the mixture into a bowl, and gently bring the dough together with your hands until it’s a firm ball of dough
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- When you roll out the dough, give it 5-10 minutes to soften a bit so it can be more easily rolled out
You can now roll out the dough, and bake with it.