- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh, cut in half)
- ½ cup cider vinegar (or substitute balsamic vinegar)
- In a saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a simmer, until the sugar dissolves
- Add the strawberries, and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the vinegar, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Chill to room temperature.
- Combine this with one cup of sparkling water, or however much you like to get your exact, favorite flavor.
- When the mixture is cooled, either strain it, or put it in a blender to puree it
- If you puree this with the fruit, you’ll have a thicker drink. If you use balsamic vinegar, you’ll think you’re having a fruity cola! This is terrific with sparkling water and dark rum