2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoons ground pepper
1 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme – crumbled
1 teaspoon dried oregano – crumbled
1 ½ pounds swordfish, halibut filet, catfish, tilapia, hake, or other firm fish
Pam Spray (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Heat a cast iron skillet until it’s VERY hot.
- Meanwhile, spray the fish with Pam, or give it a very light coating of canola oil
- Cover the top and bottom of fish with the spices, and pat it into the fish. You may have extra spice mixture. Save this for next time
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Sear the fish on one side for 3 minutes. Sear on 2nd side for 3 minutes. Carefully (it may splatter) add two tablespoons of water to the pan, and cover. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, until it’s cooked to your liking.
Makes 4 servings Serve with st