1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons corn syrup (optional)
1 1/3 cups (8 oz) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (chocolate chips are fine, too)
- Heat the cream (and corn syrup, if you’re using it) in a saucepan, until the mixture begins to almost simmer
- Remove from the heat, and add the chocolate. Let it sit for 2 minutes, covered, then whisk the mixture until it’s combined and thickened.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before you spread it over the cake
- The corn syrup is to help the ganache be a bit shinier. If you don’t use it, it will still be a great frosting
- This recipe will cover one 8” or 9” single layer cake, or one Swiss Roll
- Use the ganache when it’s cool enough to spread over a cake, but not so cool that it’s too stiff to spread. If it does become too stiff, gently reheat it to make it spreadable.