Preheat the oven to 400°. Set aside a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
1 pie dough (see attached recipe)
1 ½ cups blueberries
2 tablespoons sugar, plus 1 teaspoon
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon tapioca
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 egg, beaten, or 1/4 -1/3 cup cream
- In a bowl, gently combine the blueberries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, tapioca, and salt. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough, and place it on the parchment paper. Add the blueberry mixture to middle of the pie dough, leaving a two-three inch border
- Add the butter to the top of berries.
- Fold and pleat the border of dough over the berries to form a crust.
- Brush the dough with the egg (or cream), and evenly sprinkle the dough with the remaining teaspoon of sugar
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown
Serve warm or at room temperature, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Makes 8-10 servings