- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2-4 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½” slices or cubes (or 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½” slices or cubes)
- 14 oz (approx) can coconut milk (light coconut milk works well, too. Trader Joe’s has this)
- 14 oz can of whole or chopped tomatoes
- Tabasco or red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raisins
- In a large pan, over a medium or medium-low heat, add the oil, and then the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sautee for 15-30 minutes, or until the onions are browned and softened. The longer they cook, the softer and sweeter they’ll be.
- Add 2 teaspoons of curry powder, and the garam masala to the onions, turn the heat to medium-high, stir for 30 seconds or until they become fragrant. Add the chicken, and cook it until it’s browned, and partially cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk and tomatoes to the chicken, and bring to a simmer. Add the mango and raisins, and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until it starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked through.
- Taste the sauce, and adjust the flavor, if needed, with curry powder, Tabasco, and salt and pepper
Makes 6-8 servings