- 1 ½ lbs cod, haddock or other similar white fish, cut into four portions
- 2-3 zucchinis, at least 7”- 8” long
- 2 red peppers, roasted (see roasting instructions below)
- 4-6 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped (or any flavorful olive)
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, or give it a light coating of olive oil
- With a sharp vegetable peeler or mandolin, thinly slice the zucchini, lengthwise, into approximately 20 pieces. You may need more
- Cut the roasted pepper into pieces large enough to fit over the fish portions
- Lightly sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Cover each piece with roasted pepper, and layer the sliced zucchini, in a shingle fashion, over the fish, placing the zucchini ends under the fish
- Lightly sprinkle the fish portions with salt and pepper, and place on the prepared sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking
- Spread the parmesan cheese over the top of the fish, and garnish with the chopped kalamata olives
How to roast peppers:
- Put an oven rack to the highest level. Place a sheet pan or a piece of aluminum foil on the rack below it, under where you’ll place the pepper(s). Turn on your broiler.
- Place the peppers on their side, directly on the higher rack, under the broiler element or flame. Carefully rotate the peppers after each side is blackened. Do this for the whole pepper, until none, or very little, of the peppers’ color shows through.
- After removing the peppers from the oven, place them in either a brown paper bag, or in a bowl sealed tightly with plastic wrap. Let this sit at room temperature for at least one hour, but not more than two.
- With a paring knife, scrape away the blacked skin and seeds. You’re now ready to use your roasted peppers!
Makes Four servings