- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, peeled and minced
- ½ red pepper, minced
- 4 ears of corn, cooked, with the kernels removed. Reserve two of the cobs (approximately 2 cups)
- 12 oz can evaporated milk (skim also works well)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. When it’s heated, add the olive oil, then the onion and red pepper. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the evaporated milk, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the corn cobs, with the kernels already removed, to the milk mixture. Add as many as will fit in the pan, as they may not all fit. Cover, and simmer over a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cobs and discard.
- Add the corn kernels, and simmer until the corn is warmed through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
Makes 4 servings