Crustless Zucchini Pie
1 tablespoon, plus one teaspoon olive oil
10 oz shredded zucchini (all liquid squeezed out)
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ cup shallots, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons fresh chives, sliced
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup flour (gluten free flour mixes work well too)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup milk
2 large eggs (beaten)
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400°. Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the pile plate, and place it in the oven while it preheats
- Combine the zucchini with 1 teaspoon of the salt, and let it sit in a colander for 10 minutes. Then squeeze out the remaining water from the zucchini. Discard the water
- Combine the zucchini, shallots, chives, and feta cheese in a bowl.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Combine this with the zucchini mixture and add the milk, eggs, black pepper, and remaining salt and olive oil
- Carefully place the mixture into the heated pie plate. BE CAREFUL TO MAKE
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center.
- Let it stand at least 5 minutes before serving.