- 1 tbsp plus one teaspoon olive oil
- 10 oz shredded zucchini (all liquid squeezed out)
- 11/2 tsp salt
- ½ cup shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup flour (gluten free flour mixes work well too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the pile plate, and place it in the oven while it preheats
- Combine the zucchini with 1 teaspoon of the salt, and let it sit in a colander for 10 minutes. Then squeeze out the remaining water from the zucchini. Discard the water
- Combine the zucchini, shallots, chives, and feta cheese in a bowl.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Combine this with the zucchini mixture and add the milk, eggs, black pepper, and remaining salt and olive oil
- Carefully place the mixture into the heated pie plate. BE CAREFUL TO MAKE
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center.
- Let it stand at least 5 minutes before serving.