- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2½ cups gluten free flour mix
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (use only if there is none in the flour mix)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar, butter or shortening, molasses, and egg until blended
- Stir in the baking mix and spices. Refrigerate the dough, covered, for a minimum of 1 hour, or up to 2 days
After Dough Has Been Refrigerated
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Dip the tops of the balls in sugar
- Place the balls, sugar-side up and 2″ apart, on ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies just until set (and not raw-looking), about 11-15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. For softer cookies, immediately transfer them from the baking sheets to a cooling rack. For crispier cookies, allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a rack to finish cooling.