- 17 oz gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (only if there isn't any in the flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400° Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a stand mixer, combine the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Add the walnuts and raisins and combine
- Pour in the buttermilk, and beat for one minute
- Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. The dough should be soft and a bit sticky. Flour your hands so it won’t stick to them
- Gently and quickly knead the dough, only enough to shape it into a ball, then with floured hands gently pat it down to a 2-inch high round. Place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet and cut a ½ inch deep cross across the top
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until the loaf responds with a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom. Remove from the oven, wrap loosely in a cloth or kitchen towel, and cool on a rack.