- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 4-6 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- zest of one lemon
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Lightly oil/spray a 12-muffin muffin tin
- In a saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer
- In a small stockpot over a medium heat, add the olive oil, and sauté the onion until it’s cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and combine it with the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the white wine, and stir until the wine is absorbed.
- Add a ladle of stock (approx. 1/3 cup) to the rice, and stir occasionally, until it’s absorbed by the rice. Repeat until the rice is cooked, about 25-30 minutes
- Stir in the lemon zest, scallions, cheeses, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, pressing down lightly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 12 cupcake-sized cakes