- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion (small, peeled and minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 28 oz whole tomatoes (diced and crushed by hand)
- ¼ cup white wine
- 6 oz tomato paste (1 small can)
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ lbs cod (or substitute haddock)
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat. When it’s heated, add the olive oil and onion, and sauté until the onions and starting to cook through, approximately 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic, and sauté until it’s fragrant
- Add the tomatoes, wine, olives, and tomato paste. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the basil, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the parmesan, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper
- Place the fish on a sheet pan, and spread the sauce over it
- Bake uncovered for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until the fish is cooked to your liking.
- Garnish the fish, before serving, with grated parmesan cheese.
Note: If you spread all of the sauce over the fish before cooking, it will form a thick layer. If you use less, the remainder will go well as a side dish, served over pasta
Mediterranean Cod (or Haddock)
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.