- 1 Popover pan or muffin pan
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups all purpose white flour
- 3 tbsp canola oil (or other high-heat oil)
- Cooking spray (or extra oil for the pan)
- Put oven rack in lower middle of oven
- Preheat oven to 450°. Put ungreased popover pan in oven to preheat
- Place the milk, eggs, and flour into a blender, in the order listed above.
- Blend on medium for 30 seconds, then scrape down sides to make sure everything is mixed well. Add the canola oil, and blend another 30 seconds
- Carefully remove the very hot popover pan and spray with cooking spray, or carefully add canola oil to lightly coat the individual popover holders
- Pour the batter into each popover cavity, filling them approximately ¾ full. Bake on the center of the rack, for 25 minutes. Do not open the oven door while they’re baking
- At end of 25 minutes, crack open the oven door for 4 minutes before removing the popovers. Do this by keeping the door barely open with a wooden spoon wedged into the door opening to keep it from closing
- Serve warm, with either butter and jam, or with beef and gravy
NOTE: if you don't have a popover pan, you can use a muffin pan. The popovers will be smaller, as the muffin pan has smaller cups. So, you'll have more, but smaller, popovers.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.