- 1 eggplant, medium-large sized
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Cut the eggplant in half, lengthwise, and pierce the skin with a paring knife. Place it on a small sheet pan, and bake it until it’s wrinkled and thoroughly cooked through. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- When the eggplant is cool enough to hold in your hands, peel it, and place it on a platter. Flatten it with a spoon, until it’s approximately 1 -1 1⁄2 inches thick.
- Drizzle the tahini over the eggplant, squirt on the lemon juice, and sprinkle on the cumin. Sprinkle the garlic over the eggplant
- Drizzle with olive oil, and pomegranate seeds.
Serve with pita bread NOTE: If you’d like a silkier texture for the eggplant, pulse chop it in a food processor