- 8 rice wrappers (8 ½” diameter)
- 4 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- 4 oz rice vermicelli noodles (cooked or soaked per package directions)
- 4 oz bean sprouts
- ¼ english cucumber, thinly sliced
- fresh scallions or chives
- Dip the rice wrappers, one at a time, into a bowl of warm water for a few seconds to soften.
- Place shredded lettuce leaves 2” above the bottom of the wrapper, and layer on the toppings, finishing with the noodles on top.
- Tightly roll the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, until it’s approximately 2/3 rolled up. Fold in the sides, and continue rolling it until it’s sealed.
Makes 8 spring rolls. Serve with dipping and/or peanut sauce Other additions to the spring rolls: marinated sautéed sliced tofu, cooked shrimp, thinly sliced red pepper, thinly sliced grilled pork, and more.